Jul 1, 2019 - Jul 3, 2019 (3 days)
Mon, Tue, Wed, 9:00am - 3:00pm
Take your cartoon game to the next level. Learn how to create traditional, hand-drawn animation with a digital twist. Design awesome new characters and learn how to move them through space. Explore foundational animation techniques such as "squash and stretch," "follow-through," and "overlapping action." Learn how to up your storytelling skills by creating pitches, storyboards and animatics. Create the next Steven Universe. (Or at least some really fun animated gifs to share with your friends!)
There will be a strong emphasis on traditional drawing and character design. Students will also study simple background design and layout.
Students will need:
• A tablet, 2-in-1 laptop, or a laptop + Wacom drawing tablet. (iOS, Android, or Windows) The device should be large enough for kids to comfortably draw on (iphone is not recommended)
• A stylus for precision drawing. (ex: Wacom Bamboo, Adonit, Apple Pencil, Samsung S-Pen, etc.)
• The Rough Animator app (http://www.roughanimator.com/). It's compatible with Mac, Windows, Android and iOS. It goes for $5.
• An absolute love for cartoons (Animation is a lot of work!)
• Kids need to bring a packed lunch for the mid-day break!